We are hiring in Oxford, UK
An opportunity for an Architect/Designer with 5 years experience has become available to join our multi-award winning multi-disciplinary design firm in the Oxford Studio.
With over 20 years experience in Australia, and offices in Melbourne, Sydney and the UK, this multi-disciplinary design firm is a leader in design excellence winning World Building of the Year at WAF, RIBA Awards and numerous other national and international design accolades. Since its establishment in 2014, fjmt’s Oxford studio has delivered award winning projects for a diverse range of clients including the University of Oxford, Student Castle and Lincoln College. The UK studio is currently working on Reuben College, the first new college for Oxford University in more than 30 years, Court Place Gardens, a graduate accommodation project, the pilot project of a £4b Joint Venture between Oxford University and Legal and General and the Pepys Library Building for Magdalene College, Cambridge.
We pride ourselves on quality and precision. The Oxford Studio draws from the collective experience and workplace culture of a 140 strong organisation with the opportunity to work and collaborate with colleagues across the world.
We are looking for a talented architect/designer with at least five years experience working in an Architect’s office and the ability to use Archicad.
This role needs a people person, who can work in teams and someone who is engaged, energetic and thoughtful.
The main responsibilities will be;
• Develop design concepts working with the project lead
• Manage the design development within the project team
• Prepare and present concept and developed designs with a high level of visual excellence
• Prepare documentation for all RIBA work stages
• Liaise with client and consultants
• Provide site/construction advise as required
• Passionate about design
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both visual and verbal
• Knowledge of Building Regs and the various skills to provide appropriate guidance from a documentation perspective
• Demonstrated site experience
• Archicad is preferred, but the right candidate will not be hampered by lack of Archicad experience
• Highly Developed 3D communication skills
• Local Experience preferred
• Resides in Oxford
Many thanks in advance and please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments or require further information.
$80,000 – $100,000 (subject to experience and negotiation; excluding super).
Please send a 3-page, A4 size PDF of your CV and portfolio as part of your application to email@example.com
A number of opportunities for Designers/Architects with 3-10 years’ experience has become available to join our multi-award winning multi-disciplinary design firm in the heart of the CBD.
We have a new online onboarding system which will streamline your arrival and provide you with personalised support during these unprecedented times.
- Passionate about design excellence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both visual and verbal
- A good working knowledge of the NCC and all relevant Australian Codes and Standards
- Demonstrated construction experience and an interest in the tectonic
- Ability to work independently and also as an integral part of a dynamic team
- Archicad is preferred, but the right candidate will not be hampered by lack of Archicad experience
- Highly Developed 3D communication skills
- Local Experience preferred.