NEWS: Bunjil Place Library shortlisted at the 2019 ALIA Library Design Awards
The shortlist for the 2019 Australian Library and Information Association Library Design Awards recognises some of the best new library design in Australia. The awards are divided into three categories, School Libraries, Public Libraries and Academic Libraries.
‘Libraries represented in the design awards epitomise the best of innovative library design throughout the world.
‘The judging panel has been impressed by the innovative and imaginative approaches adopted by libraries and their funding agencies in ensuring physical facilities.
‘Both newly built and renovated or refurbished, match the changing needs of library communities,’ Janine Schmidt, Chair, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions Library Buildings and Equipment Standing Committee, said.
- Caulfield Library Monash, Melbourne, Victoria
- Sir Louis Matheson Library, Melbourne, Victoria
- University of Queensland Library, Queensland
- Bunjil Place Library, Narre Warren, Victoria
- Cobram Library & Learning Centre, Cobram, Victoria
- Laidley Library, Laidley, Queensland
- Shellharbour City Libraries, Shellharbour, New South Wales
- Centenary Library, Anglican Church Grammar School, Queensland
- St Andrew’s Cathedral School Library, St Andrew’s Cathedral School, New South Wales
The winning libraries will be announced at the 2019 Library Design Awards Conference this event is part of the Asia Pacific Architecture Forum, an initiative of Architecture Media and State Library of Queensland.
The conference will be held at the State Library of Queensland, Brisbane, on 14 March 2019, bookings for the conference close 7 March 2019.
To read more click here.